Established over 50 years ago, Ballestrin provide leading concrete construction services to the building industry across Australia. Our capabilities encompass formwork, reinforcement and concrete placement works, concrete remediation, concrete kerbing and concrete cutting. We have extensive project experience across all areas of construction from commercial works through to industrial and mining projects.
Graduate Engineer - Concrete / Civil
Due to recent growth and expansion, we seek a Graduate Engineer to join our team based in Adelaide. Reporting to the Construction Manager, your main responsibilities will be to work closely with the Project Managers and Site supervisors on multi-disciplined concrete and civil projects sites to ensure high quality project delivery.
About the role
- To work closely with the Project Team in order to ensure compliance with Client and Ballestrin’s processes
- Effective communication and building positive relationships with clients, project team and management
- Assist with cost management including preparation of progress claims, variations and project budget control
- Compliance with contract terms and conditions for project
- Problem solving and innovation as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work away as required
- Undertake appropriate investigations, inspections, and methodology development
- A team player with demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cope with urgency, efficiently assign work priorities and work in a high pressure environment
- Assist with construction program development and tracking project progress
- Assist with the preparation and population of Quality Assurance documentation
Skills and experience
- Degree in Civil and Structural EngineeringTo be successful in this role, it is essential you have proficient abilities in Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project, and strong organisational / planning, verbal and written communication skills. You must also have the ability to follow directions and demonstrate innovative problem solving as an individual and as part of the team.Must be able to comply with police check and drug testing requirements.A competitive salary will be offered to reflect experience and skill. This position is open only to those eligible to work in Australia.
For more information please call Cliff Byrne: 0421 622 628 between the hours of 9.00am – 4.00pm.
For more information or to apply for this role please forward your application through to: HR@ballestrin.com.au